This forum is only intended as a communication source between friends, and strangers will be deleted

HomeCalendarFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

Doctor Who

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
coveredINbees

Number of posts : 485
Registration date : 2007-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Sat 06 Oct 2007, 6:10 pm

...What's Ugly Betty about anyway? Actually, no. This is the Doctor Who thread...I'm more tempted to talk about outside of here than in here itself. So...Yes.

Urm...So...yes...

I said so yes twice..Uh...It's hard to talk about Doctor Who when I'm allowed to...and I don't already have a rant on hold.

Edit: I now have a rant on hold that needs to be let out. SOooo..

I noticed that whenever the show wants to have a scene that's got high-tech machinery in it, the machinery always beebs in the same way. There's a background beebing pattern that's like beeb-beeb-beeb-beeb-beeeeeb-beeeeb. Does anyone know morse code? I really doubt it's a subliminal message, but if it was, that'd be really cool. My longer rant has to do with Torchwood...do I have to start a new thread for it, or can I just stick it in here, since it's a spin off?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ChiisaiKamo
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1281
Registration date : 2007-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Sun 07 Oct 2007, 3:57 pm

coveredINbees wrote:
What if it was incredibly good and everyone was seeing it anyway?

that's why i don't like mainstream stuff...i don't follow what everyone else does

sunzagurl99: i mean just go wipe ur butt with a leaf why dont u. nooooo u have to go use "latrines" and other fancy chemically enhancedd toilets
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tw334n4rchy

Number of posts : 1044

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Sun 07 Oct 2007, 7:02 pm

ChiisaiKamo wrote:
coveredINbees wrote:
What if it was incredibly good and everyone was seeing it anyway?

that's why i don't like mainstream stuff...i don't follow what everyone else does

and this is from the girl who wanted us to watch harry potter on her birfday...need i say more?

"Let me translate it for you, 'I can't think of any decent rebuttals, so I'll resort to random insults and slink away with my tail between my legs. Also, I'm upset that I can't get my own way. Bye"-Feldspar
________
how conveniet
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coveredINbees

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Mon 08 Oct 2007, 8:07 pm

ChiisaiKamo wrote:

HAH! Good one. I don't like mainstream stuff...what like..Anime?? That's not mainstream at all! I don't see tons of people strewn around the floor in the Anime section ever. And using Japanese words? That never happens. Claiming to be an individual and purposely deviating from "normal"...OH YES, that's so different!

I'm being rude, you can just ignore that.

This isn't about Doctor Who, but I've got something to say about that once I finish my english project. So...yeah. I'll have this thread back on topic soon.

Edit: I'm done with my project...but I don't have time to talk. I've got two minutes. Let's see how far I get.

OK, so I figure that the whole "Ommmggg, I miss Rose." thing wasn't purely just because Rose was an awesome character and I wanted her back. It's also because I missed the...FUCK. STUPID PRINTER. Right..so I had to stop and now I'm out of time 'coz I got to get the printer fixed. I will get my point across..eventually.

Edit Again: Did you get rid of the censoring? Anyway, like I was saying, it's not only that I miss Rose, I miss more how the Doctor was when she was still around. There was none of this emo-ness. He wasn't all "Oncoming Storm! FEAR MY WRATH! Hello Martha, Let me be horribly rude to you! LOOK, I'm insane!11!" After 900+ years of phonebox travel, I would think he was used to losing companions. I mean, in The Runaway Bride, which happened less than a minute after the ending of Doomsday, he seemed greatly saddened and darker, but he was still the same brilliant, amusing, eccentric person. Really, I suppose this is what happens when you like bad writers, like Chris Chibnall, tackle your third season of a show that is taking place while you're working on two other shows. I think RTD is having problems handling quality between Doctor Who and its spin-offs.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
tw334n4rchy

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Wed 10 Oct 2007, 5:41 pm

ok i watched the 1st episode of ddr who

"Let me translate it for you, 'I can't think of any decent rebuttals, so I'll resort to random insults and slink away with my tail between my legs. Also, I'm upset that I can't get my own way. Bye"-Feldspar
________
how conveniet
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coveredINbees

PostSubject: Neil Gaiman and John Simm   Wed 10 Oct 2007, 6:09 pm

I'm not..sure if this is for fangirling or Doctor Who. THIS IS WHY WE NEED A BOOK SECTION. Anyway..

Neil Gaiman, one of my favorite authors of all time, says this in his blog of 10/3/07....

"So I'm going to tell you my favorite part of the evening, which was talking to Kate Magowan about Una (Which is the part she plays in the film), and her calling over her husband who turns out to be John Simm, who interrupted my stumbling burbles of "ulp Life on Mars erk The Master" with his own starry-eyed "glunk The Sandman!" and pointed out that that meant he'd been a fan of mine for much longer than I'd been a fan of his so hahah and there you go. "

HE'S A DOCTOR WHO FAN! NEIL GAIMAN, BEST AUTHOR LIVING IN AMERICA, IS A DOCTOR WHO FAN. AND A LIFE ON MARS FAN!! AND most importantly, He fanboyed over John Simm. FTW, Mr. Gaiman, F.T.W.

AND, on the flip side, John Simm is a big enough fan of the Sandman to recognize it's author....perhaps he too is a fan of Neil's other books? A lover of Good Omens? American Gods? Anansi Boys? Neverwhere? Stardust? I mean, his wife is in the movie version...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
~*Mikan*~
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1151

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Wed 10 Oct 2007, 6:38 pm

Yes I did get rid of the censoring. Just don't abuse it. Anyway how'd you like the 1st episode of Dr. Who Thao?

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://online-bungalow.forumactif.com
tw334n4rchy

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Thu 11 Oct 2007, 5:37 pm

eh i onno i mean i couldnt get most of it because im usually like that when i watch a new show for the first time, but yea...and when rose decided to go with the doctor i found it a bit too fast and stuff..i mean the dr came off to me at first as this elusive keep-to-himself kinda guy and he turns around and gets sidekick, its a bit misleadning and how she ran after when he mentioned tha the tardis could timetravel, rose's rational disposition in my mind flew out the window...so yea..
and i would have stayed and watched more if i knew there was some hope of the dr and rose being together but yea...

________
how conveniet
Back to top Go down
View user profile
~*Mikan*~
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Thu 11 Oct 2007, 6:11 pm

Oh interesting... so it's not all that romanticy seems a bit confusing?

Back to top Go down
tw334n4rchy

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Fri 12 Oct 2007, 4:21 pm

yuppers

________
how conveniet
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coveredINbees

PostSubject: The Doctor and Rose   Fri 12 Oct 2007, 10:31 pm

Well, if it's any consolation, in episode two it basically explains everything. Rose is like "OMFG, I just went off with a complete stranger...!" Plus her life pretty much sucked. I mean, if I had a chance to travel through time and space, I'd go without hesistating..especially if the person asking saved my life once already and I had no responsibilities to be worried about. Like a job..which blew up...

The Doctor has just recently blown up his whole planet. You can't blame him for being lonely. You learn about the whole planet thing in episode two too.

Uh...as far as them ever getting together...I mean, first and foremost, it's a family show and it's got to please a large range of age groups and personalities. Children think it's gross, fanboys think it's out of character, and so forth. So...if anything ever did happen beyond save-your-life kissing/possessed-by-a-really-really-old-human-who-never-had-any-for-thousands-of-years kissing we never get to see it. There's tons of big hugs, hand holding, general..fluffiness. Personally, I think they're definately more than friends, but I can't think of how to describe what they were to each other. Well...it's my favorite love story. Definately, the whole "How long are you going to stay with me?" "Forever." business seems to be "being together". And yes, the actors do change, but Billie and David have just as good, if not better, chemistry than Billie and Chris. And he's the same person. He's still the Doctor. Though David stands by "No shagging in the TARDIS." I think he doesn't want to think that things like that were going on when he was 4 and watching the Fourth Doctor and Romana run about. He calls it a love story without sex. Edit: He also said it would be "weird". FTW David, FTW. Chris stands by being completely in love. I'm not sure what Billie thinks. RTD has described them as so utterly together, the only way to ever separate them was to stick them in different universes and make it impossible to get back without destroying both universes...and HEY look! He did exactly that. Gee, thanks RTD. BUT, multiple times it has been stated that 'It's sci-fi and anything can happen.' when asked if she'd come back. I think it's vague enough to say she might.

How about an excerpt from s3?
MARTHA: But is there a crew? Like a navigator and stuff? Where is everyone?

THE DOCTOR: Just me.

MARTHA: All on your own?

THE DOCTOR: Well, sometimes I have guests. I mean some friends- travelling alongside. I had - There was recently a friend of mine. Rose, her name was, Rose. And... we were together. Anyway.

Hey, Look! They were together.

Last edited by on Sun 14 Oct 2007, 10:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tw334n4rchy

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Sat 13 Oct 2007, 9:29 am

yrea...im not convinced enough to watch it again, at least i came to it with an open mind uinlike some people <<"

btw. Gud Mornin!

________
how conveniet
Back to top Go down
View user profile
~*Mikan*~
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Sat 13 Oct 2007, 10:03 am

Aw that's cute xP but then I'll be the one watching and being all for the cuteness and it will totally ruin your prospective of Dr. Who as we know it.

Back to top Go down
tw334n4rchy

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Sat 13 Oct 2007, 10:10 am

ur gna watch it?

________
how conveniet
Back to top Go down
View user profile
~*Mikan*~
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Sat 13 Oct 2007, 11:25 am

Naw, just for Delphine's sake, I don't wanna ruin the whole Dr. Who concept for her >.^

----------
I saw the first 15 minutes... what's this with the living plastic and why did she run home carrying that arm? Eh I guess I should question sci-fi stuff...

Back to top Go down
coveredINbees

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Sun 14 Oct 2007, 8:52 am

Can we end this belief that I'm some unfeeling, dead, cynical, etc. person? It makes me uncomfortable when talking about love and peace and rainbows and unicorns because you'll all be SATAN FACE! O.o at me.

Tons of people watch it just for the Rose/Doctor dynamic and definately, after season three, that's like the only reason to rewatch old episodes. Just to see how happy they were with each other after another disappointing s3 emo episode. And to watch something with a plot. That's always nice too. Watching two people who just absolutely go together and have a hell of a good time with each other is incredibly fun. Fun is always good.

Well, if you kept watching, you'd know what was "up with the living plastic" and what the hell are you supposed to do with a plastic arm after it's been thrown at you? After you've been told to 'run for your life' and just escaped from a celler of a bunch of creepy living mannequins? You'd be in shock and very confused, and you'd probably just run. I'd just run. And then go hide under my covers or something.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
~*Mikan*~
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Sun 14 Oct 2007, 9:53 am

Yes, but I'd remember that that arm was attached to a thing that was trying to attack me just then! I mean it's pretty big... oh forget it. So how's s3 so emo?

Back to top Go down
coveredINbees

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Sun 14 Oct 2007, 10:19 am

It's not exactly just 'emo' it's just very, very dark. I mean, in s2, you'd get times when it was just as dark, but you'd get a big hug and a hand to hold and everything would be ok.

The Doctor lost Rose and that seemed to also re-establish the loss of his home planet and people, which he blew up. He's got the blood of two great civilizations on his hands and it sucks to go through that on his own. Martha isn't very comforting. She makes him talk about losing Gallifrey though, so that's good, and he seems to get over that. But he's still much darker. The episodes seem all about "Let's not die..." and not "Bring it on!! We'll save the day and be back in time for tea and chips...and bananas, and cupcakes with edible ball bearings."

Yeah. It was just a darker season. RTD promised it'd be lighter next season though, so we'll see.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
tw334n4rchy

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Sun 14 Oct 2007, 10:32 am

haha but u'll never talk about those things. u even shun hugs..HUGS!!! :quoteing from the 1st episode of Pushing up Daises "It's like an emotional hemilich (sp?), some1 puts their arms around u and give u a squeeze and all your fears and anxiety come shooting out of your mouth in a big wet wad and you can breath again"-chuck: and its not that we don't allow u to talk about happy unicorns it's just something that you normally wouldn't do see; when we sense irregularity and make the so called satan face. It's our way of makeing sure that everything is normal...or in this case not. when any one of us does somehting out of the ordinary we run a mental checklist in the back of our heads that looks something like this:

Either she is:

• Very happy, or, sad, or mad
  • in love
  • high off someting
  • got abducted by aliens and they've replaced her body with an andriod look-a-like to fool us.

So you see? it's not that we don't want u to be happy it's just that we're making sure everything is where it's suppose to be

________
how conveniet
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coveredINbees

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Sun 14 Oct 2007, 1:45 pm

Oh, I've just gotten back from the Doctor's and I've got brain tumors. That's why I liked the fluffiness of Rose/Doctor. Yes.

As far as hugging goes, I don't shun them. I won't punch you in the face or run away if you tried to hug me unless you were soaking wet or really gross. I just don't actively start them. Unless there's a reason to. Like if you started watching Doctor Who and you liked it. Or if you actually had brain tumors. I'd hug you then. Maybe.

I certainly have never experienced any emotional release from hugging anyone before.

But this has nothing to do with Doctor Who. Let's talk about Doctor Who hugs...Did anyone else get a mental image of a Dalek going "Give us a cuddle?"

Anyway...so we get a lot of hugs in Doctor Who. So much in fact, I'll have to post them all separately.

The first ever on screen hug was in episode 8, Father's Day of season 1. Rose requested to go back in time and meet her father who died when she was six months just to be with him as he died because of a hit and run car incident. She couldn't just sit by and watch him die, so she saved him. But that caused a wound in time. Someone who should have died, didn't die. Reapers (big bat monsters) took advantage in this reality rip and slipped from their reality into ours and began devouring everyone. The Doctor gets angry at Rose for ruining time, but later is willing to forgive Rose if she'll just say she's sorry. She does and they have a brilliant first on screen hug.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
tw334n4rchy

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Sun 14 Oct 2007, 3:10 pm

Ned and chuck can't hug each other ..tho they had their 2nd kiss (1st one scince she was dead) thrru those plastic body bags until the other guy pulled them apart so that ned can drive and they wouldn't be smashed into smithereens along with the dandalion car.

________
how conveniet
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coveredINbees

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Sun 14 Oct 2007, 3:12 pm

What does that have to do with Doctor Who??

My new avatar however, does have to do with Doctor Who.

He's like "My made of win, look at it."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
tw334n4rchy

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Sun 14 Oct 2007, 3:14 pm

hm cool,

________
how conveniet
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coveredINbees

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Sun 14 Oct 2007, 3:18 pm

That wasn't even a part of the series though. David was just standing around with sunglasses on while waiting to start filming.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
tw334n4rchy

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Sun 14 Oct 2007, 3:31 pm

haha does he usually stand around like that striking poses?

________
how conveniet
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   

Back to top Go down

Doctor Who
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next