This forum is only intended as a communication source between friends, and strangers will be deleted

HomeCalendarFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

Doctor Who

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Serami101

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2007-09-29

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Sun 09 Dec 2007, 2:54 pm

this is the most used forum so I thought i could ask this here:
Does any one know where to get the britis version of the office, i heard it was pretty good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coveredINbees

Number of posts : 485
Registration date : 2007-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Mon 10 Dec 2007, 5:33 pm

Erm...for free off the internet? Or buying the DVDs? Or renting..?

As far as any hosting websites go, I've no clue.

Borders actually sells the DVDs if you really want it..
You can rent it at blockbusters or hollywood video or where ever you go probably.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Serami101

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2007-09-29

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Wed 12 Dec 2007, 9:26 pm

thnx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coveredINbees

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Fri 21 Dec 2007, 5:39 pm

You're welcome.

Yeah...SO CHRISTMAS SPECIAL IN FOUR DAYS.

There's been a lot of slightly off-putting reviews. Instead of just the usual crooning of "OMG RTD IS SUCH A GENIUS!!" we got some hints of displeasure. Something in that episode is lacking even worse than normal. Hopefully it's still fantastic. We'll see. Or actually, I'll see.

Random bit of news I feel like sharing:
Billie's getting married this New Years Eve! :D

Back to top Go down
View user profile
coveredINbees

PostSubject: I Never Finished...   Sun 16 Mar 2008, 4:39 pm

I believe I left off with the Age of Steel Hug...after that, there's the Idiot's Lantern hug.

...there's a video of it..

cool.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
~*Mikan*~
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1151
Registration date : 2007-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Fri 25 Apr 2008, 7:06 pm

Currently watching The Fires of Pompeii. Pretty interesting I suppose. The concept of people turning into stones even before the eruption of Mt. Vesuvius... and people seeing into time because they are breathing in the ashes (?) of Vesuvius... "/

There are some parts where I still have troubles figuring out what they are saying because I'm not used to the British accent. 0x)

Oh, I love the water gun

Alright, that was REALLY good. The ending with the household Gods xP very nice. I would never expected that concept of Pompeii, that's creative.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://online-bungalow.forumactif.com
coveredINbees

PostSubject: Woah.   Thu 01 May 2008, 6:00 pm

Yeah, as much as it cheers me to hear you're liking Doctor Who, but right now I'm annoyed at the fact I'm going to miss the Doctor Who episode coming this week. All because of MYP. When will it stop torturing me?!?

WHEN!?

Argh.

As for you not understanding their British-ness, it's ok, my dad, who's been a fan for a year, is still needing of subtitles and translation from me.

Seriously though, sometimes my dad out-fangirls me, it's kind of embarrassing.

'Coz if you didn't already know, Donna's leaving end of this season and we were tossing ideas of why.
His first idea:
"She leaves because she's jealous of Rose."

and I'm like "Dad! No way you can be such a soap-opera-watching-house-wife!! No way! Donna wouldn't-The Doctor-Rose..No!"

What do you think could possibly happen? She seems to really be loving the life she's got traveling with the Doctor and I can't see her willingly choosing to go. Despite how badly she gets on with Rose. Though I personally think they'd get on brilliantly. Because Donna > jealousy.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
~*Mikan*~
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Sun 04 May 2008, 9:26 am

MYP will always be back to haunt you ooohhh... (well my attempt to be a ghost failed...)

Haha you dad outfan-girls you? o.0;;

Are you sure you want to get my intake on that? I mean I watch a lot of dramas... well, click on spoiler if you want to see.
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
coveredINbees

PostSubject: What I think...   Tue 06 May 2008, 5:19 pm

I don't get the second option.

I think she might leave at the end because:

a. She dies. We haven't had a companion death in all of the newer series of Doctor Who
b. Self-sacrifice. Maybe there'll be a point in the climax of the season finale where someone needs to go do something which would save the universe but ultimately lead to their death or something else which would make them incapable of continuing to travel with the Doctor.
c. She finds that she's more needed elsewhere and feels the Doctor has gotten over his losses and no longer needs a grounding force to stop him from forgetting to have compassion.
d. The Doctor charges too much for room and board. She decides an apartment would be cheaper.
e. The Doctor decides to settle down. Donna didn't mind living with him in the TARDIS, but in a house which decidedly doesn't fly through time and space and adventures which consist of grocery shopping and paying bills, she just can't stay.
f. The Doctor decides to settle down with Rose. Donna wouldn't mind staying with the both of them in the TARDIS, but in a house which is definitely not bigger on the inside and adventures which consist of having kids and deciding what to have for dinner, she just can't stay.
g. Donna is actually the Rani. She regenerates at the end of the season.
h. Donna is actually the Rani and the Doctor keeps dropping hints involving 'bringing back the Time Lords'. She told him at the start that he's not mating with her.
i. Donna figures she can save the universe much more efficiently on her own. She starts her own show.
j. Donna insists on chanting "The Doctor and Rose, sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G..." to watch the Doctor squirm (and protest that he didn't sit in trees). He throws her out of the TARDIS.
k. Donna was tired of watching the Doctor and Rose be 'just friends'. She did not put up with the endless whining of emo-Doctor to get him his best friend back. (Well, she did, but that's beyond the point)
l. Donna was tired of looking after the Doctor, especially once Rose got back. Seriously, they were worse than 4 year olds.

Annnnd that's all I can think of for now. Because I have to go. SO yeah.

Last edited by coveredINbees on Fri 20 Jun 2008, 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
~*Mikan*~
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Tue 06 May 2008, 5:47 pm

E& F will never happen. You have said so yourself so many times that the fans will go
J is funny. I like it.
K is just what you and Mame wish would happen (as in you two are tired of them being 'just friends'

That's a lot of reasons though

Back to top Go down
coveredINbees

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Tue 06 May 2008, 8:18 pm

I wanted to do the whole alphabet.

Anyway, K is not what I want to happen. It's definitely what Mame wants and it's something which some other people probably want. I really enjoy the 'best friends' interaction. While it would be lovely to get something more than that, I'm not wishing for it to happen.

Ok, I kind of am. But it'd be so weird.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
~*Mikan*~
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Tue 06 May 2008, 8:22 pm

Haha I thought so xP

Back to top Go down
coveredINbees

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Wed 07 May 2008, 8:15 pm

But for serious seriousness, I'm a strong believer in B.

I really think Donna's going via self-sacrifice. I'm also 97% positive that Rose is gonna leave at the end of the season too. Then we'll get the Doctor on his own again. Hooray.

Really, if this wasn't a 45 year old show that intends to live for ages to come, situation K would be completely possible. Though, in all truths, I'd prefer it not to be, because how dull would my show be if it took place in a house?!

No, I want Donna to stay and I want Rose to stay and they'll travel through time and space with the Doctor and be awesome. And Jack will occasionally join them. And they'll still travel through time and space and be awesome.

I keep saying to myself, "Delphine, you know full well RTD is a strong supporter of the Doctor and Rose relationship and he would not dare kill it and break half-a-million hearts all over again like he did at the end of s2." and the other part is like "Delphine, Billie's out on vacation and after that she's got SDOCG and David's got Hamlet to do once he's done with the Christmas Special, there's no gap in time to allow them both to be filming!"

SO yeah, I'm scared and nervous and I don't want another sad season finale. We've had one every year already dammit! It's time to be creative RTD.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
~*Mikan*~
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Wed 07 May 2008, 8:20 pm

You really believe that she'd self- sacrifice? Hmm if you said that there has been a trend of sad season finale, I doubt this season would be different... but who knows? I don't really watch it. Maybe RTD will finally decide to change?

Back to top Go down
coveredINbees

PostSubject: Shakespeare and Doctor Who   Thu 08 May 2008, 3:05 pm

So the next episode takes place on the planet "Messaline" which is also the name of a made-up place in Shakespeare's 'Twelfth Night'. The last episode of this season is "Journey's End". In 'Twelfth Night', there is the ever famous phrase of:

"Journeys end in lovers meeting,
Every wise man's son doth know."

So all I'm saying is that maybe it won't be such a sad ending for the season after all.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
~*Mikan*~
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Fri 09 May 2008, 6:57 pm

I just finished watching The Planet of Ood. It's was different from what I've imagined... I thought the Ood were bad creatures. Hmmm about the ending... sketchy? About how the Doctor's song will end? What does that infer? So how is an Ood born? Humans can turn into one... I saw that. Though at first I thought he was just going to die or something because of the hair loss... xP

Moving on to The Sontaran Stratagem now.
I loved the line "He's like a potato, baked potato, talking baked potato"

The poison sky was a good episode as well xP

P.S.
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
coveredINbees

PostSubject: Fun Fun Fun   Mon 12 May 2008, 4:28 pm

First, I think his name was "Ross" and second, I agree to a certain extent. I am a firm believer of "Ross could definately be the Doctor's Ianto." because in the land where we draw parallels between Jack and the Doctor, Ross is definately Ianto. Yes. He is the one who gets the coffee and tasers people and carries the Doctor's coat when he's off to save the day. Only actually, Ross is more perfect, 'coz he's actually got a UNIT hat. This probably makes no sense to you, as you don't watch Torchwood. But that's ok.

I was never expecting the Ood to be evil, and even when they had 'red eye' I didn't expect them to be evil. It was obvious from the get-go that the humans were supposed to be the baddies in this one. I mean, they were cargo-ing Oods and processing them and shooting them and all such stuff. The ending was pretty good and the bit with the Doctor's 'song ending' is just one of those things are supposed to make fans go "OMG WHAT DOES THIS MEAN!?" so it doesn't bother me too much, 'coz I've got my own beliefs of what it means.

"What does that infer?"

Why are you being an English teacher and don't you have opinions of your own? The fun part of Doctor Who is the speculation.

As for how Ood are born, I assume they're made just as other beings are made, through some sort of reproductive...reproducing. I don't know. Perhaps they have spores. Buds that fall off and make little Ood. Maybe the big Ood brain creates Ood. I wouldn't know. I'm not an Ood.

As far as the hair-loss drink goes, I was thinking that it was significant the whole time. For him becoming an ood was unexpected and kind of "Huh-what?" inducing because the Ood are a different species and changing species should not be so simple as to take two ounces of Ood-Juice and peel off your head. But Doctor Who science is absolute crack and it's fun that way. Sometimes...'coz other times it's just annoying.

I really didn't like the Poison Sky very much at all. The solution made no sense. If you burned the atmosphere the way the Doctor did, you'd burn up the fucking atmosphere!! Everyone would die from asphyxiation...or being burned. I had a more extensive review on my buddy profile, but it's gone now, I think. Basically, if I were the Doctor's companion, I could have saved the day the moment the gas started coming out of the car, because it was THEN when it would have made sense to tape a lighter to the muffler and let it burn the gas as it came out. Then we could have focused on using The Valiant to blast the fucking Sontarans out of the sky 'coz NOTHING CAN BEAT THE VALIANT. OH YES. :D I love that airbase. Uh...yeah, I would have just sent bombs through to the Sontarans via their teleports and burn them all, really, 'coz the Valiant isn't space-worthy. It can't fly that high. I would have given them a chance to give up by calling them like the Doctor did earlier in the episode. I mean, really, it's not that hard.

However, this episode was much better than the absolute rubbish that was Helen Raynor's first Doctor Who story.

I loved the line "Are you my mummy?"

You wouldn't get it, but oh, was it good.

Most of the good lines were in The Sontaran Stratagem.

Things were good overall in this set of three episodes. Mostly because of Donna, who is too amazing for words.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
~*Mikan*~
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Mon 12 May 2008, 5:18 pm

"I'm not an Ood" Haha, I know.

For the hair-loss drink, like I said before. I thought it was just going to kill him.

For Poison sky, what to say? That nerd, follower of the Sontaran somehow annoyed me. Like most geniuses... too "smart" for his own good. I mean c'mon he was even doing their chant? *snickers at the image*

Fine. Opinions. I'll actually try to comment more than just saying "that was a good episode" "I liked that episode" the next time I watch. Though I can promise you one thing, it will not be as long as yours!

Back to top Go down
coveredINbees

PostSubject: The Unicorn and The Wasp   Sun 18 May 2008, 6:27 pm

Talk about a good time. That episode was just loads of fun heaped onto more loads of fun, with an addition suitcase full of fun. I don't care that it was the most random thing of all time. It was brilliant!.

As a used-to-be fan of Dame Agatha Cristie, her being in an episode is exciting. As a used-to-be fan of the board game Clue, I loved the whole "Professor Peach in the library with a lead pipe". As an Anglophile, the exaggerated British accents and the "We're British!" was hilarious. As a fan of Doctor Who, I just loved the absolute zany-ness of the whole episode. Good times, good times. I miss these happy episodes so much.

Things I didn't like:
-"No, don't. Really don't."
I'm paraphrasing of course, I don't know if that was the exact line, but ever since 'Tooth and Claw' where our Rose attempted a Scottish accent and the Doctor replied with "No, don't. Really don't." (Or something the like) this has become a tradition. In "The Shakespeare Code" Martha attempts Old English with "forsooth" and "Verily" which the Doctor responds with the same thing. Now, Donna tries some 1920's slang: "Spiffing" and "pip-pip". Admittedly, I liked Donna attempt to 'blend in', but I really don't like the Doctor's repeated reaction, because that's what you said to Rose and we remember. It's just overused, I guess.

-Agatha's nearly dying was solved too easily. It felt kind of pointless.

-Re-using scenes/lines from previous episodes. This kind of goes with the "No, don't" business, but he really did it a bit too much.

And that's it. I really enjoyed this episode.

A Cracktastic Theory:
Gareth Roberts is undeniably a huge Doctor/Rose shipper. I mean, Shakespeare Code, his first Doctor Who TV story, had these lines:

The Doctor:(While The Doctor and Martha are laying in the same bed) There’s something I’m missing, Martha. Something really close, staring me right in the face and I can’t see it...Rose would know...A friend of mine, Rose. Right now, she’d say exactly the right thing...Still, can’t be helped. You’re a novice, never mind. I’ll take you back home tomorrow.

Lilith (A Carrionite, basically, a witch-alien):The power of a name works only once. Observe. (points at Martha) I gaze upon this bag of bones and now I name thee Martha Jones. *Martha collapses*
Doctor: What have you done?
Lilith: Only sleeping, alas. Curious, the name has less impact. She’s somehow out of her time. And as for you, Sir Doctor! ...Fascinating. There is no name. Why would a man hide his title in such despair? Oh, but look. There’s still one word with the power that aches.
Doctor: The naming won’t work on me.
Lilith: But your heart grows cold. The north wind blows and carries down the distant…Rose.
Doctor (Angered): Oh, big mistake, ‘cos that name keeps me fighting!

And that's all undeniably favoring the two. In episode seven, there was more stuff like the above, just more subtle.

-There was a reference to season one, "The Unquiet Dead".
-At one point the Doctor was all excited by the prospect of a murder mystery and Agatha Cristie reprimands him for his exuberance, much like Queen Victoria in 'Tooth and Claw'. When Agatha says she'll agree to help him on the basis of serving justice, not for his own entertainment, his face falls. Clearly, he is remembering the times when he did have someone to be ridiculously excited over things which one shouldn't be excited over. I know I was.
-The Doctor has an alphabetized containment system kept inside the TARDIS console room, à la The Stone Rose by Jacqueline Raynor, which was a Doctor Who book which just said, "Screw the show, the two are established as more than friends. END OF STORY. They can snog if they want to, they can walk around the TARDIS in naught but bedsheets, they can sculpt alarmingly accurate statues of each other too. All of that. Yes." That practically makes it canon. Being of fan of Raynor's work obviously equals 'Doctor/Rose shipper'.

EDIT: Apparently, the alphabetized chests are also used in The Resurrection Casket...which is less shippy, but my point still stands!

So yes. Gareth Roberts, carry on! Don't be ashamed of your romantic-tendencies! as I am

Last edited by coveredINbees on Mon 09 Feb 2009, 4:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coveredINbees

PostSubject: Being Positive   Thu 24 Jul 2008, 10:03 am

Because really, this show is amazing. The season finale often makes that hard to remember. Though RTD could still save himself by making the Doctor go Valeyard. Pleasepleaseplease. PLEASE.

Please.

Valeyard: The name used by a future body of the Doctor when he returned back to his sixth self to take over his mind and start again with those extra six regenerations. He was evil. He was bastardly. He tried to kill himself to live longer. Good times.

The question is, how do you un-Valeyard him? This would be perfect if the solution lies in regeneration, because that way, we get a fresh start. Which we need. Badly. So Moffat can create his own flashy super-cool Doctor.

But that wasn't the point of this post.

The point of this, is to help me get over the season finale...which...like 5 emails to my dad failed to do. Really long emails. Like, I divided it into chapters.

How about...26 Pointless Small Things Indicating That This Show is Pretty Much the Best Thing in Life Ever:

A. There is plausible ROFL-ing that actually involves the floor, rolling, and laughing.
B. It's acknowledged that steampunk is a beautiful thing.
C. The Doctor always carries a toothbrush with him. It contains Venusian Spearmint.
D. Almost every single episode passes the Bechdel Test [at least two women talk to each other about something other than a man]
E. Paintball guns and water pistols are legitimate alien stopping weapons.
F. All those bees that have disappeared are aliens.
G. There are parallels to Futurama.
H. A weird, fire-breathing, big-eyed munchkin lady exists. She doesn't like Rose.
I. The Doctor owns a rough draft of the Declaration of Independence.
J. There's an entire planet that is essentially one massive Chinatown.
K. The Isolus has a preference for stealing little children and small fluffy animals.
L. Anti-Gravity restraunts exist and it's recommended that bibs be brought along.
M. After taking over the Earth, the Master regularly jams to the Scissor Sisters. He likes pop and glam rock.
N. The Tenth Doctor has a preference for punk rock, with a bit of rockabilly thrown in. He cannot stand ABBA.
O. The Doctor has to regularly visit Earth to purchase milk (and presumably other groceries).
P. The Sibyl fancied the Doctor. He said it would never last, she said she knew.
Q. It's in the design of humans to like kits. Flat-pack wardrobes to flat-pack space-bases.
R. When the internet is very excited, it likes to explode computers.
S. Lord, Alfred Tennyson's "In Memoriam" is referenced in an episode title.
T. "Tienes algo en tu espalda!" and its English translation were repeated enough times to teach viewers how to be omnious in Spanish.
U. In the future, years will be written in the following format: _._/(object name)/_ [i.e. 5.5/Apple/26]
V. "Not blue" is a valid term for the color red.
W. Daleks are the true creators of reality television.
X. There is a 'Time limit' and you can break it.
Y. If a human woman and a half-cat, half-human man reproduce, the offspring will be kittens.
Z. The planet Felspoon has mountains that sway in the breeze.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   

Back to top Go down

Doctor Who
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4