The online bungalow
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum is only intended as a communication source between friends, and strangers will be deleted

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Book Recs

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
coveredINbees

coveredINbees

Number of posts : 485
Registration date : 2007-09-30

Book Recs Empty
PostSubject: Book Recs   Book Recs Icon_minitimeWed 10 Oct 2007, 8:46 pm

What book(s) do you recommend reading?

I guess I'll start since I'm already in here..

You should all read Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett. The combined work of my two favorite authors is sheer genius. It's a comedic take on the end of the world where they've misplaced the anti-christ, the Riders of the Apocalypse are mounted on motocycles, and Earth's resident angel and demon have been enemies for so long, they're friends. It's a book of humor, insight, and Queen's greatest hits CDs.
Back to top Go down
ChiisaiKamo
Admin
Admin
ChiisaiKamo

Number of posts : 1281
Registration date : 2007-09-02

Book Recs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Book Recs   Book Recs Icon_minitimeThu 11 Oct 2007, 8:10 pm

didn't you say that Good Omens had a little um...the Adam and Eve thing to it?

hmm...i would recommend... Lili to people who are those kinda lovey-dovey people who are confused about love and...yeah. i'll add more recommendations later Book Recs 573119
Back to top Go down
coveredINbees

coveredINbees

Number of posts : 485
Registration date : 2007-09-30

Book Recs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Book Recs   Book Recs Icon_minitimeFri 12 Oct 2007, 5:29 pm

Adam and Eve? It has some biblical references of course, but the only thing from that particular story is when Crowley (still named 'Crawly' then) was talking to Aziraphale about where his flaming sword went.

See, "Earth's resident angel and demon" was the snake from the forbidden fruit tree, Crowley (He is "human" shaped form throughout most of the book however), and the angel guarding one of the gates to the Garden of Eden, Aziraphale (Who had a flaming sword, except he gave it too Adam and Eve 'coz they looked cold).

Erm...unless you clarify your summary of Lili...I'm not picking it up. Come on, it's book "recommendations"! Sell your book to us deprived readers! Or to this deprived reader if no one wants to be called "deprived".
Back to top Go down
~*Mikan*~
Admin
Admin
~*Mikan*~

Number of posts : 1151
Registration date : 2007-09-02

Book Recs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Book Recs   Book Recs Icon_minitimeSun 14 Dec 2008, 8:56 pm

For those who are interested in Private investigations:
The Spellman Files by Lisa Lutz; it's a lighthearted fast read x) and the follow up Curse of the Spellmans

For those who are interested in romantic hardships(?):

This Lullaby by Sarah Dessen; it's a nice book having to believe in love and blah blah blah.

For those you enjoys the classics:

A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle; loved it, I still need to find A swiftly tilting planet to continue the series...
Tuck Everlasting by Natalie Babbitt, reminds me so much of Twilight now that I think about it, except not as appreciated as the vampire book...

I'll add more later Book Recs 99544
Back to top Go down
https://online-bungalow.forumactif.com
Sponsored content

Book Recs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Book Recs   Book Recs Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Book Recs
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The online bungalow :: Entertainment :: Entertainment :: Books-
Jump to: