The online bungalow
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum is only intended as a communication source between friends, and strangers will be deleted

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ranting-Complain here and see who actually cares ;]

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
coveredINbees

coveredINbees

Number of posts : 485
Registration date : 2007-09-30

Ranting-Complain here and see who actually cares ;] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ranting-Complain here and see who actually cares ;]   Ranting-Complain here and see who actually cares ;] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Oct 2007, 9:32 am

Last night's marching band competition went horribly. After working incredibly hard Thursday and fixing nearly everything that never worked, we failed. Horribly. We dropped 3 points in ratings! 3!! It's practically like how it was with our first competition! This may be the first year in 11 that AHS doesn't have an honor band. (Honor Band: Superior rating in Marching and Symphonic Band) The fact that we're comprised of mostly rookies shouldn't matter either. They're not rookies any more. They know how to march correctly, they know their drill, they've been at this long enough. Admittedly, it's most their attitude that is bringing us down. It's like they don't care. They think it's geeky or dumb or it's just Marching Band, it doesn't matter! It's not even a proper sport!

If it's not this year, it's next year and the years after. We're going to have a marching band of hotheaded, egotistical, oh-I'm-not-a-rookie-anymore sophmores. They were already practically like that this year! We had rookies correcting veterans. You're all still fucking n00bs!! You can't do that. Ever. Yes, I just said they're not rookies anymore, but they are far away from knowing enough to correct someone who's been at it for years. Some can't even read their drill book.

Admittedly, it was our first cold competition and the n00bs may have been frozen in their shoes because they didn't dress warmly. But that can't account for messing up basic things. Hell, veterans mess up, I mess up. Everyone does it sometimes, but all these little mistakes and all these people forgeting what we added and fixed it just...ruined everything. Why did everyone choose last night to fuck up? I don't know. Tons of people didn't. I'd say a third of the band did well. But you can't have a third marching strongly with the rest sort of bumbling a long. It doesn't look good. The thing about marching band is that one person can make a perfect form look wrong. In one case, it could be me, when I'm the top of a hollow triangle of piccolos, if I'm not exactly there, it looks dumb even if everyone made it to where they're supposed to be. I realized that and haven't missed that part since.

Did I mention states are next week? It's the final competition that decides if we're honor band material or not. Boy, that's going to be fun.
Back to top Go down
~*Mikan*~
Admin
Admin
~*Mikan*~

Number of posts : 1151
Registration date : 2007-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Ranting-Complain here and see who actually cares ;]   Ranting-Complain here and see who actually cares ;] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Oct 2007, 9:48 am

Well okay see that's why I didn't join marching band in the first place. If I did I really wouldn't be commited to it. As for the new rookies I see what you mean during class. Ranting-Complain here and see who actually cares ;] - Page 2 691443
Back to top Go down
https://online-bungalow.forumactif.com
tw334n4rchy
tw334n4rchy

Number of posts : 1044

PostSubject: Re: Ranting-Complain here and see who actually cares ;]   Ranting-Complain here and see who actually cares ;] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Oct 2007, 10:36 am

some1 should sit those freshmeats down and give them a thing or to upside the head. *sigh* if this is what jr's do to their senors i fear for the well being of america
Back to top Go down
coveredINbees

coveredINbees

PostSubject: Re: Ranting-Complain here and see who actually cares ;]   Ranting-Complain here and see who actually cares ;] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Oct 2007, 1:50 pm

They're not just freshmen though. But the majority of them are. The thing is, section leaders make them do push ups and Elgin yells at them but it doesn't seem to do anything.
Back to top Go down
tw334n4rchy
tw334n4rchy

PostSubject: Re: Ranting-Complain here and see who actually cares ;]   Ranting-Complain here and see who actually cares ;] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Oct 2007, 3:01 pm

thats where spanking comes in
Back to top Go down
coveredINbees

coveredINbees

PostSubject: Re: Ranting-Complain here and see who actually cares ;]   Ranting-Complain here and see who actually cares ;] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Oct 2007, 3:10 pm

I think that's illegal.
Back to top Go down
tw334n4rchy
tw334n4rchy

PostSubject: Re: Ranting-Complain here and see who actually cares ;]   Ranting-Complain here and see who actually cares ;] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Oct 2007, 3:11 pm

yea.....*sigh* to bad u cant do the whole corpral punishment thing. i find them so much more creative then just plain paddle and butt
Back to top Go down
coveredINbees

coveredINbees

PostSubject: Re: Ranting-Complain here and see who actually cares ;]   Ranting-Complain here and see who actually cares ;] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Oct 2007, 3:15 pm

Hopefully the epic fail of that competition will motivate them to do better before all the veterans beat them up for ruining our legacy.
Back to top Go down
tw334n4rchy
tw334n4rchy

PostSubject: Re: Ranting-Complain here and see who actually cares ;]   Ranting-Complain here and see who actually cares ;] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Oct 2007, 3:28 pm

I think u shud just beat them up now, tho considering the fact they outnumber us they just might all gang up on us..like..small..annoying..ants
Back to top Go down
coveredINbees

coveredINbees

PostSubject: Re: Ranting-Complain here and see who actually cares ;]   Ranting-Complain here and see who actually cares ;] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Oct 2007, 3:42 pm

Yeah. We'll get them during Tuesday practice.
Back to top Go down
tw334n4rchy
tw334n4rchy

PostSubject: Re: Ranting-Complain here and see who actually cares ;]   Ranting-Complain here and see who actually cares ;] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 15 Oct 2007, 7:11 pm

haha how?
Back to top Go down
coveredINbees

coveredINbees

PostSubject: Re: Ranting-Complain here and see who actually cares ;]   Ranting-Complain here and see who actually cares ;] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 15 Oct 2007, 7:16 pm

I don't know. Even though I'm above them, I'm not allowed to do anything to them...yet. Next year I will. Next year will be fun.
Back to top Go down
tw334n4rchy
tw334n4rchy

PostSubject: Re: Ranting-Complain here and see who actually cares ;]   Ranting-Complain here and see who actually cares ;] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 15 Oct 2007, 7:24 pm

why next year?
Back to top Go down
coveredINbees

coveredINbees

PostSubject: Re: Ranting-Complain here and see who actually cares ;]   Ranting-Complain here and see who actually cares ;] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 16 Oct 2007, 6:30 pm

I'm going to be a section leader next year. It goes like:

Elgin
Section Instructers (Like Mr. Niehoff, Mr. Perez, Marching Alumni)
Drum Majors
Section Leaders
Upperclassmen (Juniors and Seniors who have marched since freshman year)
2nd Year Marchers <-I'm right here right now
Rookies

So yes, that means Abby and I will be in charge of making sure our section (all the piccs) march properly and get all their music checked off. It means we can make them do whatever we want basically.
Back to top Go down
~*Mikan*~
Admin
Admin
~*Mikan*~

PostSubject: Re: Ranting-Complain here and see who actually cares ;]   Ranting-Complain here and see who actually cares ;] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 16 Oct 2007, 6:44 pm

Wait how are you going to be a section leader? You are going to march with the french horn? (I don't know the name for the marching one...)
Back to top Go down
coveredINbees

coveredINbees

PostSubject: Re: Ranting-Complain here and see who actually cares ;]   Ranting-Complain here and see who actually cares ;] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Oct 2007, 12:12 pm

No, I'm still marching picc. I don't understand why everyone thinks I'd have to switch instruments in marching band too. Anyway, I'm going to be a section leader because me and Abby have seniority over everyone else.
Back to top Go down
ChiisaiKamo
Admin
Admin
ChiisaiKamo

Number of posts : 1281

PostSubject: Re: Ranting-Complain here and see who actually cares ;]   Ranting-Complain here and see who actually cares ;] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Oct 2007, 3:37 pm

tw334n4rchy wrote:
thats where spanking comes in

LMAO!!!!

yeah, that's what its like in my orch class too...all the freshmen can't play AT ALL except maybe bridgette and peter, but that's about it. sadly. and most of the class is freshmen-filled too. why the hell am i in this orchestra, anyways?? Ranting-Complain here and see who actually cares ;] - Page 2 548708
Back to top Go down
coveredINbees

coveredINbees

PostSubject: Re: Ranting-Complain here and see who actually cares ;]   Ranting-Complain here and see who actually cares ;] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Oct 2007, 3:54 pm

It's not that they can't play, that doesn't matter. It's that they can't listen to tune, they can't count, they can't MARCH.

And orchestra is gay anyway.
Back to top Go down
tw334n4rchy
tw334n4rchy

PostSubject: Re: Ranting-Complain here and see who actually cares ;]   Ranting-Complain here and see who actually cares ;] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Oct 2007, 5:47 pm

haha ooo burnage
Back to top Go down
ChiisaiKamo
Admin
Admin
ChiisaiKamo

PostSubject: Re: Ranting-Complain here and see who actually cares ;]   Ranting-Complain here and see who actually cares ;] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 18 Oct 2007, 10:29 pm

hahaha, i havta agree with you when it comes to my orchestra. everything that's a failure in marching band to you, its like 10 times worse in my orch >.>
Back to top Go down
tw334n4rchy
tw334n4rchy

PostSubject: Re: Ranting-Complain here and see who actually cares ;]   Ranting-Complain here and see who actually cares ;] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 20 Oct 2007, 11:20 am

today at the cleanup i saw marching band getting ready for their competition (haha i saw delphine!) and yea they scare me. everyone was so serious and quite with their heads down and stuff and yea...its like whole army of music playing soldiers
Back to top Go down
ChiisaiKamo
Admin
Admin
ChiisaiKamo

PostSubject: Re: Ranting-Complain here and see who actually cares ;]   Ranting-Complain here and see who actually cares ;] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 20 Oct 2007, 1:15 pm

LOL!!!! wish i could've been there >.>
Back to top Go down
~*Mikan*~
Admin
Admin
~*Mikan*~

PostSubject: Re: Ranting-Complain here and see who actually cares ;]   Ranting-Complain here and see who actually cares ;] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 20 Oct 2007, 2:29 pm

Y.Y my wisdom teeth extraction was today. 2 down, 2 to go. I feel some pain now since the medication is going away. It sucks! Plus I am still bleeding and the put in stitches! Yes stitches for the gums. Ayoh...
Back to top Go down
ChiisaiKamo
Admin
Admin
ChiisaiKamo

PostSubject: Re: Ranting-Complain here and see who actually cares ;]   Ranting-Complain here and see who actually cares ;] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 20 Oct 2007, 2:33 pm

haha, man, stitches just...ajwe;ifhaekrhkaehjr me out X_X 'cause my mom got them for her thumb back in january '04 (i know, bad start to the year >.>) and it was just...creepy >.<
Back to top Go down
~*Mikan*~
Admin
Admin
~*Mikan*~

PostSubject: Re: Ranting-Complain here and see who actually cares ;]   Ranting-Complain here and see who actually cares ;] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 20 Oct 2007, 2:38 pm

Well anyway it didn't hurt when they put it on. But now since my numbness is going down I feel it >.<! It HURTS
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ranting-Complain here and see who actually cares ;]   Ranting-Complain here and see who actually cares ;] - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ranting-Complain here and see who actually cares ;]
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The online bungalow :: Help :: Random :: Gossip Cafe-
Jump to: