The online bungalow
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum is only intended as a communication source between friends, and strangers will be deleted

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Doctor Who

Go down 
+2
~*Mikan*~
coveredINbees
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
coveredINbees

coveredINbees

Number of posts : 485
Registration date : 2007-09-30

Doctor Who - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Doctor Who - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Oct 2007, 3:39 pm

Perhaps he does...

Matt did it in an interview once. He was just sort of flailing around slowly during it and then paused and struck a pose. It was so random. I think he might have been on shrooms then.

Maybe I should stick up another hug and get back on topic now...

Doctor Who - Page 3 DW20051x09Boom520

So they're back on Earth and they discover the mayor of Cardiff is an alien. They've seen these aliens before and Rose successfully pronounces it's home planet, Raxacoricofallapatorius. The Doctor and Rose share a celebratory hug.
Back to top Go down
tw334n4rchy
tw334n4rchy

Number of posts : 1044
Registration date : 2007-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Doctor Who - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 15 Oct 2007, 7:16 pm

the view of rose's butt doesnt make it "family-viewer-friendly"
Back to top Go down
coveredINbees

coveredINbees

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Doctor Who - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 15 Oct 2007, 7:29 pm

It's the British family viewer. They're much less prudish. They make a joke about the view being nothing but Rose's butt before. It was actually Daniel's butt too. Basically, four of them, Toby, Dan, and uh...that security guy who's name I'm ashamed to say I've forgotten were escaping possessed aliens via maintanance shafts and they had to all crawl in single file. They complained about "the view".

Anyway.

Doctor Who - Page 3 DW20051x13PartingofWays202a

The Doctor just rescued Rose from the Dalek fleet. You can see the remains of a Dalek that managed to get into the TARDIS. Jack blasted it with a big gun. That was the last hug of season one. And the last episode of season one. It was definately the best season finale of Doctor Who.
Back to top Go down
tw334n4rchy
tw334n4rchy

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Doctor Who - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 15 Oct 2007, 7:30 pm

nu-uh if anything the british are more prudish then americans
Back to top Go down
coveredINbees

coveredINbees

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Doctor Who - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 16 Oct 2007, 6:20 pm

I think we're stereotyping and that this is off topic. I mean, that's just what I think for some reason. Why do you think what you think?

For the Hug:
Doctor Who - Page 3 DW20052x00Christmas01472

So, here is the christmas special between seasons one and two. The Doctor, newly regenerated and feeling good, saves the world from the Sycorax and shares a big hug with Jackie(Rose's Mom), Mickey, and Rose.
Back to top Go down
tw334n4rchy
tw334n4rchy

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Doctor Who - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 16 Oct 2007, 8:40 pm

why the hell is micky in that hug/
Back to top Go down
coveredINbees

coveredINbees

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Doctor Who - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Oct 2007, 11:53 am

Because he helped save the world too...and because they're back in London, near where Rose lives on Christmas eve of 2006. Lol, Mickey looks happy.

Season Two, Episode Two, Hug Two:
Doctor Who - Page 3 DW2005ToothClaw2x02-0840

That gray thing is the back of the head of Queen Victoria. So the Doctor and Rose (and Queen Victoria) have just managed to escape the beautiful CGI jaws of a werewolf, and the Doctor and Rose share an "...Werewolf?" "Yeah, I know!" hug. Later, Queen Victoria banishes them from Britain for living in danger and enjoying it waaaay too much after she knights them as a thank-you for saving her life. She's weird like that.

I FEEL SO HAPPY, I'M IN CAPSLOCK! YES!!!! AND I DON'T CARE THAT I'M DOUBLE-POSTING!![Edit:Except now Ha made this a single post] THIS IS MADE OF TOO MUCH WIN TO NOT TALK ABOUT!!

ANYWAY!

Doctor Who has always had one song per Christmas special that had words in it. Based on the last two songs and the last two seasons following, it's always been an accurate indication of what was to come next season.

Previous to season two, we had "Song for Ten" (a wholly unoriginal title, I know) Particularly it's this part:

So have a good life
Do it for me
Make me so proud
Like you want me to be
Where ever you are
I'm thinking of you, oceans apart
I want you to know-

Well I woke up today and you're on the other side

That told us what was coming. In the middle of this happy song about how the Doctor's newly regenerated and it's Christmas and horray and what not, we get that...and it made no sense...UNTIL the season finale. And with that, it matches crazy well, down to how it cuts off a "I want you to know-" and we never know what that is because the Doctor's last sentence was cut off too: "Well, I suppose if this is my last chance to say it, Rose Tyler-"

Next Christmas special, we got "Love Don't Roam" and admittedly there was not part about the Master returning...but it did cover the Doctor's attitude the whole of season three.

So, reel me in, my precious girl,
Come on, take me home.
'Cause my body's tired of travelling
And my heart don't wish to roam.

Yeah...basically...RTD didn't have the season finale planned at that point, I'm thinking, because it certainly sucked enough to have been a last minute write up.

This year's Christmas special we had a taste of when the Doctor is just relaxing in his TARDIS at the end of the season when, out of nowhere, the Titanic crashes into TARDIS.

The song this year is going to be 'The Stowaway'. Nearly all past songs have been in the Doctor's POV but this doesn't seem to fit. It seems to be third person observing the Doctor...

He said, "Borrow or steal,
I'll find a way
To be with my lover upon Christmas Day
And I'll run and I'll roam
I'll cover the ground
This Christmas I'll see you
I'll be around."

That's the main part I'm focusing on, because well, it seems to suggest the Doctor is going to try quite hard to find his "lover" by next Christmas special. Rose reunion, maybe? Please?

I shortened my post...can someone just respond so I don't have to double post? I've got so much more to say and this is getting really long.
Back to top Go down
tw334n4rchy
tw334n4rchy

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Doctor Who - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Oct 2007, 6:14 am

?
Back to top Go down
coveredINbees

coveredINbees

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Doctor Who - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 29 Oct 2007, 5:05 pm

Finally! And..now..what to talk about? Hmm...

Right...I can't think of anything that would get a proper conversation started in here, since 1. there's not much going on in the world of dr who and 2. none of you guys are particularly interested in anything in it.

How about a hug instead?

Doctor Who - Page 3 DW20052x06AgeofSteel-0588

So there was actually another hug before this one, but there aren't any proper pictures for it because for some reason, on the show, it cut the scene so we arrived mid-hug and they were already pulling apart by then.

So this is from episode six, The Age of Steel and the nearly bald guy looking down is Alternate Universe Dad of Rose and the other person is just a person who dies later on. They've come up with an infiltration plan to shut down the cyberman factory and are sharing a good luck hug, 'coz like all tv shows do, they're splitting up into groups.
Back to top Go down
tw334n4rchy
tw334n4rchy

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Doctor Who - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 29 Oct 2007, 6:26 pm

rose's eyebrows looks a bit off-ish and the master is sad.
Doctor Who - Page 3 910742 probably cuz he didnt get a hug Doctor Who - Page 3 741956
Back to top Go down
coveredINbees

coveredINbees

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Doctor Who - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 30 Oct 2007, 3:09 pm

The master..??
Back to top Go down
tw334n4rchy
tw334n4rchy

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Doctor Who - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 30 Oct 2007, 7:18 pm

oh wait nvm cuz that guy with his head sticking down looks a bit like the master Xp
Back to top Go down
coveredINbees

coveredINbees

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Doctor Who - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 04 Nov 2007, 3:19 pm

I said beneath the picture that it was Rose's dad...

Anyway...next season the 'biggest shit-head'* is coming back. Basically, it's an old who monster that looks...quite gay...and it's going to be in season four, episode...7ish.

*Billie called it that...and I think I'd have to agree..it looks ridiculous!
Back to top Go down
tw334n4rchy
tw334n4rchy

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Doctor Who - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 04 Nov 2007, 8:19 pm

haha oh right must have missed it then ^^;;
Back to top Go down
coveredINbees

coveredINbees

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Doctor Who - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 07 Nov 2007, 5:29 pm

We should start on the puppets soon...
Back to top Go down
tw334n4rchy
tw334n4rchy

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Doctor Who - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 07 Nov 2007, 5:43 pm

okes ^^
Back to top Go down
coveredINbees

coveredINbees

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Doctor Who - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 10 Nov 2007, 11:01 am

Right...So biggest things I was looking forward to with the release of the s3 boxset DVDs and..uh...they were ok.

The deleted scenes: There were some really fun things that were cut out, which is how it is, but this time, we also got a lot more very dull monologues that went on and on and on and it's not a surprise it was cut. But that whole improvising on the TARDIS was absolutely genius! Not only was David talking about game shows on channel 4 and one of his favorite bands, but he was talking as the Doctor, with his accent and inflections and such. That's...genius!!

The outtakes: Ok, these are still brilliant, and I think it's hard to produce a blooper reel that isn't funny, so that's that.

David's Video Diaries: The most disappointing bit. It felt...more planned and edited and structured than last year's. Last year's video diary felt exactly like home videos or..you know, video diaries. Even the camera was just a little handheld thing. You know how people take pictures of themselves and another person by holding the camera up facing them and hoping they've got the shot? We had things like that. We had giggling behind the camera and night vision bits and all this stuff. It was much more...fun...I don't know. This year's diary just felt..dry. Like he had proper sit-down interviews with people...and he had one response per episode. I mean, it was really fun when John Barrowman showed up, but that's a given. John is never dull. And he had a sort of conclusion video diary. That's just weird.
Back to top Go down
coveredINbees

coveredINbees

PostSubject: Time Crash: Because Analysis Of Doctor Who Happens A lot   Doctor Who - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Nov 2007, 10:20 am

Double posting because I must. Don't merge it...it's a completely different topic under Doctor Who than 'series three DVD'.

Ok, the significance of 'Time Crash' is suddeningly seeming...a bit more big to me now that I've gotten over the initial excitement of it.

I believe a lot of the excitement came because it felt like the Doctor was back. After having to deal with what felt like a year of him being ridiculously old-looking in the last two episodes of the season, having to watch him play God and save the day with his magic..glowy god powers, and having to deal with a really dark series three, this thing just sort of glows. It's like a proper happy s2 romp again. I would like to think that this may bode well for series four. The writers haven't forgotten how to write happy. It was like getting the chance to see himself when everything was perfect and Gallifrey was still in the sky and the Master was still a silly cackling villian who never really did much harm and such forth kind of...made him...realize the brilliance of it all. I mean, he's still alive, he's got a TARDIS, and once the Titanic crashes his ship, he's got the day to save again, just like always except it's not a chore, it's an adventure.

And the Doomsday Infamous Beach Scene that sparked nation-wide weeping parallel! I didn't realize it until I reread my initial response to the episode and got down to the last point of "You know...I love being you." I. Love. You. Do you know the significance of the Doctor saying that?? He's pretty much not allowed to say that. And the fact that he said it to a disappearing figure resembling a hologram?? Admittedly, he's telling himself that he loves himself, and I'm not saying his mind slipped into a past occurance and that's what he's thinking about as he's saying it, it's more like...he's like "Well, I did this wrong the first time, I'm doing it proper now." And certainly, it's hard to deny that his goodbye with Martha was a proper good-bye. Character progress, anyone?? I mean, this is the guy who'd drop off companions and never ever come back for them, and not even bothering to say anything. We can hope for closure now! Yes!

Are all my hopes going to be crushed next season? I don't know. We'll see.
Back to top Go down
~*Mikan*~
Admin
Admin
~*Mikan*~

Number of posts : 1151

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Doctor Who - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Nov 2007, 2:45 pm

PFt like I care anymore. *roll-eyes*
Back to top Go down
https://online-bungalow.forumactif.com
coveredINbees

coveredINbees

PostSubject: The Old Team   Doctor Who - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Nov 2007, 9:39 am

So I find that I have a bit of time on my hands..and I thought, well, what did I always want to do, but never had the time? And then it came to me. I wanted to find out what the Doctor meant in 'Doomsday' when he referenced some partnerships.

The scene went like:
The Doctor grins.

ROSE:That's more like it, bit of a smile! The old team...!

THE DOCTOR: (picking up a magnaclamp and going to her)
Hope and Glory, Mutt and Jeff, Shiver and Shake!

ROSE: Which one's Shiver?

THE DOCTOR: Oh, I'm Shake.

Annnd, what does any of that mean? Well, Hope and Glory was a movie about the Blitz in WWII and that's about all I can find.

'Mutt and Jeff' was an old American comic strip or the codename for two famous M15 spies.
Doctor Who - Page 3 MuttJeff115

'Shiver and Shake' was a British Comic about a Ghost and an Elephant
Doctor Who - Page 3 20041206100800

Shake is the elephant.
Back to top Go down
coveredINbees

coveredINbees

PostSubject: Doctor Who Obituary And Birth   Doctor Who - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Nov 2007, 9:02 am

Verity Lambert died at the age of 71 today.

She was the first ever producer of Doctor Who, way back then in 1963. She was the youngest and only female working as a drama producer under the BBC at that time. And...yeah. Now she's gone.

In other news, HAPPY BIRTHDAY DOCTOR WHO!! Today was the day you first ever graced the television screens of the British public.

Hooray!
Back to top Go down
Serami101

Serami101

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2007-09-29

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Doctor Who - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 02 Dec 2007, 3:12 pm

to be honest i ust watched it now.. not the best but interesting.. I just finished the epiosde that rose, jackie and mickey and the husband in alt. reality get stuckin the other world.... yea the one with the daleks and robotic thingies and rose says she loves the Dr.
i would've liked it better if the Dr. had been able to say it back
Back to top Go down
coveredINbees

coveredINbees

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Doctor Who - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 02 Dec 2007, 4:01 pm

That's the second season's finale...

I would have liked it better too...but basically, there would've been too many people who would've hated it if the Doctor did that. Unfortunately, a large majority of the Doctor Who viewing population are people who don't want the Doctor loving any of his companions since that would suggest that he likes some better than others. It's like taboo for him to say 'I love you.'

BUT ROSE IS COMING BACK some time in season four. Maybe he'll finish his sentence. :D
Back to top Go down
Serami101

Serami101

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2007-09-29

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Doctor Who - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 04 Dec 2007, 9:14 pm

kOOOLLL!!! THAT WOULD BE GOOD FOR ME @ LEAST..
Back to top Go down
coveredINbees

coveredINbees

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Doctor Who - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 06 Dec 2007, 5:09 pm

It would be fantastic for me as well!

Doctor Who - Page 3 Bill2

From the filming of season four!!

...but we've got a really really long time to wait until then.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Doctor Who - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Doctor Who
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The online bungalow :: Entertainment :: Entertainment :: TV shows-
Jump to: